Family Intervention Services
The Family Intervention Service has been developed to support families to address issues which have impacted on their ability to meet their children’s care and protective needs.
Children and families receive intensive support to assist them to build their capacity to provide a positive and stable family environment. The Family Intervention Service offers intensive family support services to families with children up to 18 years of age, over a period of 3 – 18 months.
The Family Intervention Service works with families where the Department of Communities (Child Safety Services) are having ongoing involvement. All referrals must come from the Department. This includes:
- Families whose child continues to reside at home and who require support to build their capacity to provide a safe and stable home environment
- Families whose child may be residing out of home, but the case plan goal is reunification
- Families who have identified that they are committed to working with the program
This program is funded by the Department of Communities (Child Safety Services) and there is no fee for accessing this service.
For more information please phone:
- (07) 4772 9000 (410 Ross River Road, Townsville)
- (07) 4749 8000 (5 Miles Street, Mount Isa)