BRIDGE is an early intervention program that aims to enhance family dynamics and promote healthy relationships. BRIDGE also aims to empower families to develop the skills to manage emotional and behavioural concerns.
BRIDGE offers both an on-site and an outreach service that works with families in Townsville, Thuringowa, the Burdekin, Ingham, Charters Towers and Mount Isa.
The BRIDGE Program offers:
- Professional counselling and support work
- Culturally and developmentally appropriate counselling and support work for all family members
- Holistic intervention based on family needs
The BRIDGE program provides intensive support for families to improve both family and individual functioning, well-being, and safety. The program uses a holistic approach which includes therapeutic counselling support, parenting skills, behaviour management, and household management.
Families can self-refer to the BRIDGE program by telephoning:
- 07 4772 9000 (410 Ross River Road, Townsville)
- 07 4749 8000 (5 Miles Street, Mount Isa)
Other agencies, government departments and professionals involved with the family may also refer; however, the family must contact Centacare personally to arrange an intake appointment.
The Entry Criteria are as follows:
- At least one member of the family is a child under the age of eighteen years of age
- The child and family are in need of therapeutic and parenting support to improve family functioning
- No members of the family are currently being case managed by the Department of Child Safety
- All family members are willing to participate in the program
This program is funded by the Department of Communities and there is no fee for accessing this service.