National Psychosocial Support Program
National psychosocial support program
THIS program aims to better support people LIVING with severe mental illness with complex UNMET CARE needs IMPACTING THEIR ABILITY TO FUNCTION ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS.
Who is eligible to access the service?
- Diagnosis of Severe Mental Impairment with complex needs
- Not a NDIS Client
- Mental Health Treatment Plan required
- Access activity based funding to promote social recovery
The aim of funding is that the activity must focus on building your client’s capacity and stability.
Examples of key areas used to build up your client’s independence by enhancing opportunities and experiences are:
- social skills and friendships, family connections
- managing daily living needs
- financial management and budgeting
- finding and maintaining a home
- education, employment, vocational – skills and training goals
- maintaining physical wellbeing, including exercise
- managing drug and alcohol addictions, incl. tobacco.
Is there a cost to accessing the service?
This service is supported by funding from the Australian Government through the PHN Program and therefore is free to the clients. Funding through the National Psychosocial Support program is capped therefore careful consideration of other service delivery options is encouraged.