Bowen Financial Resilience Service
The Bowen Financial resilience service builds on people’s capacity to understand their financial situation and the ways in which credit works, assist them to develop and maintain budgets, undertake straightforward negotiations with creditors, link people with specialist support services and assist them to access low cost financial products such as no interest loans.
The purpose of the program is to provide information, assessment, counselling, and advocacy and referral services to people within the Bowen and Collinsville area who are experiencing financial difficulties as well as considering the underlying attitudes, values, motivations and barriers contributing to the financial issues. The Financial Resilience Service will provide strategies for addressing financial and credit issues, assist people to improve their knowledge and skills of money management and support them to develop positive and sustainable financial behaviours, building financial resilience.
Activities that are delivered under this program include:
- Providing one-on-one and group training to enhance clients’ financial literacy.
- Assisting clients to develop household budgets and building their capacity and confidence to live within those budgets.
- Offering immediate financial assistance to individuals experiencing hardship, together with support to address the factors contributing to that hardship.
- Linking clients to supplementary supports such as emergency relief, No Interest Loans, low interest loans and material assistance.
- Advocating with utilities and low-level creditors and assisting clients to access concessions and subsidies.
This service is a free service and is open to Adults in the community.
This program is funded by the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors and there is no fee for accessing this service.
Making an appointment
You do not need a referral to use our service.
Referral to the service is through self-referral. Please phone 1300 672 273 weekdays to speak with a Centacare staff member.