Centacare North Queensland, in conjunction with LivingWorks, is hosting Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) in Mount Isa on 1st and 2nd June 2017.
ASIST is the world's leading suicide intervention workshop, which explores how to connect with a person at risk to understand and increase their immediate safety, as well as linking them with further help.
Over the two day interactive session, participants learn to intervene and help prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
Internationally recognised, this course has been used by professionals in the areas of mental health, education, health care and military services since 1983.
The workshop features:
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers.
- A scientifically proven intervention model.
- Powerful audio visual learning aids & Group discussions.
- All participants receive workbooks, support with learning
- Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd June 2017 Registration closes May 19th
- Held at Mount Isa Centre for Rural and Remote Health, 100 Joan Street
- 2 full days commencing at 9am & catering provided.
- Cost: $255 per person
Please note all participants must be able to commit to attendance for both days of the workshop.
For more information please call Centacare NQ on 4772 9000 or register now and download the official registration form here