Become A Mental Health First Aider in 2023
21st March 2023
Centacare NQ is pleased to provide Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training in Townsville on 19 – 20 April.
About 1 in 5 Australian adults experience a common mental illness each year. MHFA training will teach you practical skills to support someone with a mental health problem. Make a real difference at work and in your personal life.
Standard MHFA Training Benefits:
- Knowledge: Improves knowledge of mental illnesses, treatments and first aid actions;
- Confidence: Increases confidence in providing first aid;
- De-stigmatising: Decreases stigmatising attitudes.
- Support: Increases the support provided to others.
- Recognise common mental health problems;
- Provide initial help using a practical, evidence-based Action Plan;
- Seek appropriate professional help, and
- Respond in a crisis situation
This is a 12 hour educational course, not a therapy or support group.
Details & Fees
Dates: 19 & 20 April, 2023
Times: 9am to 4.30pm both days
Cost: $335pp / EAP Contract Holder with Centacare NQ: $305pp
Venue: 410 Ross River Road, Crandbook QLD 4814
Facilitator: Cherie Chun Tie
Queries & Sign Up
Please contact Rachel Schollum at Centacare NQ on 1300 672 273 or email email@example.com for more information